“Limitless Heights to Reach”
Throughout this pandemic, God has given us plenty of time. Time to contemplate and reflect on our lives. Time to see whether or not we can reach the heights that God has set for us, in order that we can inherit eternal life.
It is said that: “Higher than the highest human thought can reach is God's ideal for His children. Godliness—godlikeness—is the goal to be reached.” Ed 18.4
“Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.” 1 Peter 1:13.
“Gird up the loins of your mind,” says the apostle; We must then control our thoughts, not allowing them to have full scope. The thoughts may be guarded and controlled by our own efforts. Think right thoughts and you will perform right actions. Thoughts of God and of heaven are ennobling. There is no limit to the height we may reach. Conviction and repentance of sin, renunciation of self, and trusting in the merits of the Creator, cannot be experienced without the individual being made more thoughtful, more intellectual, than they were before. I pray that we are spending more time with God than we were before. I believe that the connection we have with God is being tested. Always remember, “Connection with God is connection with all of heaven’s power and wisdom.”
Keep faithful in Jesus and He will see us through
Friday Evening Vespers...................7pm Bible Study on Sabbath.............4:30 pm
Join from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone. (For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)
United States (Toll Free): 1 866 899 4679 - One-touch: tel:+18668994679, 307970421#
United States: +1 (669) 224-3319 - One-touch: tel:+16692243319, 307970421#
Access Code: 307-970-421
Youth Zoom Meetings
Sabbath School ........9:30 am – 10:30 am
Primary and Juniors; Earliteens....11 am
Meeting ID: 861 105 1704
1. Sabbath Services begin at 11AM and can be watched on YouTube.com under Calvary Media or click here.
2. Let us continue to pray for each other, our families and all Essential workers as we go through this pandemic together.
3. Calvary SDA Food Pantry Hours: Sundays:12 noon to 1pm and Thursdays 3:30pm to 6pm.
4. Please join us online or call in to GoToMeeting for Men’s Day Sabbath, June 20th .
5. Education Day is Sabbath, June 27th. Please join us online or call in to GoToMeeting.
6. Board meeting will be Sunday, June 28th at 10 am.
7. If you would like to be a part of the Calvary SDA Cottage Meeting Team or have Cottage Meeting Service on WhatsApp please contact Bro. Cleve Williams @ 203- 521-6671 or Bro. Willie James 203-954-7063 for more information.
8. If you have an announcement for the Calvary SDA Newsletter please contact Glenda McLean @ 203-330- 1416 or Kelly Williams @ 203-615-2330 on Tuesdays before 9 pm.
Joy Debofu, Vanessa Reid, Sashoya Walker, Pauline Woodfin - 6
Cameron McDonald - 8
Winsome Griffiths - 11
Jenieve Clarke - 12
Winsome Griffiths - 8
Georgia Gaymon - West River Rehab Center, 245 Orange Ave, Milford, CT - 203-876-5123
Hester Hancock-Scott - Jewish Sr. Service, Boylan 4200 Park Ave.- Bpt. - 203-365-6400
Mavis Burnette -25 Cartright Street - Bpt- 203-545-1542
Maima Gbanyah - 15 Clark Street. - Bridgeport, 203-296-1685
Michael Scott – 22B Karen Court - Bpt. – 475-236-9434
Neville & Rose Depass-1049 Old Town Road, Bpt, 203-212-0233/ 203-870-8194
Yvonne Coakley – Ludlow Rehab – CT – 203-371-2890
THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK
Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.
Jeremiah 17:7 KJV